Taking a leaf of faith – Modern Embroidery Pattern
Leaf of Faith
Sometimes I just like to doodle. Out came a small pattern (about 3 inches) that’s simple enough for beginners to try, and for advanced.
This pattern uses only back stitching to outline, back stitching to fill and satin stitch. The pattern should take you no more than a few hours to complete.
“As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
The materials you need are:
- DMC 580 green
- DMC 520 Dark green
- Embroidery hoop
- Muslin, or your choice of fabric
- Fabric scissors
- Embroidery scissors
- Embroidery needle
- Embroidery transfer pen (I love these)
- Light box or sunny window
Instructions for getting the pattern onto the fabric:
- Save PDF pattern (below)
- Print PDF pattern in the size you want (i.e. – 8×10, 5×7, 4×6, etc.) (I printed this one on “4×6) More on that here.)
- Tape pattern to the light box or sunny window
- Tape the fabric you want to stitch on over the pattern, being careful to center your design
- With embroidery pens, trace all lines onto the fabric
- Carefully remove tape from the fabric and pattern
- Place fabric in hoop and stitch
If you need help resizing the PDF patterns, here’s a tutorial.
Subscribe to get a reminder of when there are new patterns available for download.