Quick to stitch, potted cactus embroidery pattern
Part of my 2021 last half of the year goal is to post more here. After looking at the stats of what was popular, it was evident that the free embroidery patterns were a hit. So I’m trying to get one free pattern posted every Friday as part of my goal.
If you’d like to be reminded of new posts here please follow my blog so you get an email reminder when a new pattern is posted. I no longer email subscribers because it’s too much work. I’d rather you just follow me and let WordPress email you when new content is added.
Once in a while, I like to doodle a bit when I see something that inspires me. This doodle of the cactus needed very little eraser, it just flowed nicely on the paper.
I quickly stitched up the potted cactus, tucked it into my embroidery folder, and promptly forgot about it for a year. Oops!
DMC floss that I used:
- 301 brown for the clay pot
- 3746 purple for the spikes and fruit on top
- 703 green for the cactus
Directions for use:
- Print the free PDF pattern
- Place the pattern onto a lightbox or tape it to a sunny window
- Place your fabric onto the pattern, secure it with tape if using a window
- Trace the pattern onto your fabric with a transfer pen like this one (link here)
- Place pattern into embroidery hoop and stitch
“As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
If you’d like another cactus pattern CLICK HERE.
If you made anything with this free pattern, please send me a picture, or tag me on Instagram so I can see how wonderful it looks. Click here to be taken to my Instagram account.