Poppy Flower free PDF embroidery pattern
A Weird Poppy Flower
Sometimes I like to random doodle, I never quite know what I’m going to end up with, something cute? Something useable? Or will it just end up in the trash?
I started off drawing what I thought was going to be lavender and out came a mix of that and a poppy seed head. See? You just never know what I’ll end up with.
I liked this imaginary flower so It’s going to be today’s free pattern Friday.
Don’t forget to subscribe (below) to get an email when the next free pattern drops.
“As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Here is your materials list:
- DMC 3362 Dark Parrot Green
- DMC 3721 Medium Shell Pink
- DMC 349 Dark Coral
- Embroidery hoop
- Muslin, or your choice of fabric
- Fabric scissors
- Embroidery scissors
- Embroidery needle
- Embroidery transfer pen (I love these)
- Lightbox or sunny window
Instructions for getting the pattern onto fabric:
- Save PDF pattern (below)
- Print PDF pattern in the size you want (i.e. – 8×10, 5×7, 4×6, etc.) (I printed this one on “5×7”. More on that here.)
- Tape pattern to the light box or sunny window
- Tape the fabric you want to stitch on over the pattern, being careful to center your design
- With embroidery pens, trace all lines onto the fabric
- Carefully remove the tape from the fabric and pattern
- Place fabric in hoop and stitch
If you need help resizing the PDF patterns, here’s a tutorial.
Subscribe to get a notice of when a new pattern drops next week!
For more flower embroidery patterns, please Click Here