Please accept this heartfelt gift – Free Pattern Friday
Happy Friday! Today’s free pattern is a quick to stitch item, and easy for beginners. The pattern is small enough that it can fit in your purse or backpack too.
“As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
When I made these hearts, I used back stitching for the inside and outside heart with two strands, but a single strand for the strings attaching the two hearts. Try to get the strings as tight as you can, it might also help to tack them down midway, or use another stitch instead of a long straight stitch like I did. I had trouble with the strings loosening after I washed the fabric.
The initials inside the center heart are not included with the pattern, I just stitched them freehand because they were small enough that errors wouldn’t be seen as well. If you need a guide for lettering, I suggest you trace letters from a book or something.
The materials you need are:
- DMC 321 Red
- DMC 310 Black
- Embroidery hoop
- Muslin, or your choice of fabric
- Fabric scissors
- Embroidery scissors
- Embroidery needle
- Embroidery transfer pen (I love these)
- Lightbox or sunny window
Instructions for getting the pattern onto the fabric:
- Save PDF pattern (below)
- Print PDF pattern in the size you want (i.e. – 8×10, 5×7, 4×6, etc.) (I printed this one on “4×6) More on that here.)
- Tape pattern to the light box or sunny window
- Tape the fabric you want to stitch on over the pattern, being careful to center your design
- With embroidery pens, trace all lines onto the fabric
- Carefully remove the tape from the fabric and pattern
- Place fabric in hoop and stitch
If you need help resizing the PDF patterns, here’s a tutorial.
If you like this heart and are interested in other heart patterns, please visit Heart Embroidery Patterns – Nana Bumblebee