I aorta tell you about the free embroidery pattern
Actually, you already know it’s “Freebie Friday” and you’re getting a free pattern at the end of the post. Let me tell you about the person who inspired this post…
Carole is the best friend I have ever had. She’s a secret keeper, a wild child, funnier than any comedian, an awesome driver, a little short, sweet, sassy, and the best drinking buddy you could ever wish for. There’s a whole lot more I could say about her, but our relationship is like Los Vegas… what happens in Los Vegas, stays in Los Vegas.
We have an amazing amount of fun we are together, and usually there are photos, but because we have a Lost Vegas friendship, I’m only going to release two of my favorites, somewhat innocent, photos.
“True love is finding your soulmate in your best friend”
“As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
For this pattern you will need:
- DMC 321 (Red)
- Embroidery hoop
- Muslin, or your choice of fabric
- Fabric scissors
- Embroidery scissors
- Embroidery needle
- Embroidery transfer pen (I love, love, love, these!)
- Lightbox or sunny window
Instructions for getting the pattern onto the fabric:
- Save PDF pattern (below)
- Print PDF pattern in the size you want (i.e. – 8×10, 5×7, 4×6, etc.) (I printed this one as 4×6) More on that here.)
- Tape pattern to the light box or sunny window
- Tape the fabric you want to stitch on over the pattern, being careful to center your design
- With embroidery pens, trace all lines onto the fabric
- Carefully remove the tape from the fabric and pattern
- Place fabric in hoop and stitch
If you need help resizing the PDF patterns, here’s a tutorial.
Note: This pattern has three additional hearts added around the top heart, I just added them in wherever I wanted because I felt the pattern was a little plain. Hearts are easy to draw if you desire to put them into your pattern. I encourage you to always make the pattern “your own” when you start stitching. Your own colors, your own style.
If you like this heart and are interested in other heart patterns, please visit Heart Embroidery Patterns – Nana Bumblebee