Hand Embroidery Flower Design [free pattern]
Hand Embroidery Flower Pattern
This was a design that I was playing around with to use different stitches and colors in. The pattern contains satin stitches, back stitching, and running stitch.
“As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Check out some of the other free flower embroidery patterns here.
Here is what you’ll need to get started:
- DMC 3845 – Medium bright turquoise
- DMC 3689 – Light mauve
- DMC 3804 – Dark cyclamen pink
- DMC 580 – Green
- DMC 744 – Light yellow
- Embroidery hoop
- Muslin, or your choice of fabric
- Fabric scissors
- Embroidery scissors
- Embroidery needle
- Embroidery transfer pen (I love these)
- Light box or sunny window
Instructions for getting the pattern onto the fabric:
- Save PDF pattern (below)
- Print PDF pattern in the size you want (i.e. – 8×10, 5×7, 4×6, etc.). (More on that here.)
- Tape pattern to the light box or sunny window
- Tape the fabric you want to stitch on over the pattern, being careful to center your design
- With embroidery pens, trace all lines onto the fabric
- Carefully remove tape from the fabric and pattern
- Place fabric in hoop and stitch
If you need help resizing the PDF patterns, here’s a tutorial.
Subscribe to get updates each time there is a new pattern posted.