Freebie Friday, my mistake is your gain!
A couple of weeks ago I accidentally posted two mini patterns in one week instead of spreading them out and posting them every Friday like I do. Whoops! So, I got my thread and needle out and stitched up 6th mini pattern for you.
This week’s freebie Friday pattern will be a set of mittens for your 2021 or 2022 embroidery hoop journal, 365 days of stitching, time capsule, or one year of stitching, whatever it is your call those adorable little yearly hoops that have gained popularity.
If you missed the previous 5 weeks of mini patterns you can find them here:
- 2022 Hoop pattern for your 365 days of stitching
- Mini Holly Leaf
- Mini Christmas Bulbs
- Mini Noel
- Mini Christmas tree
- Mini Snowman
If you need help resizing the PDF patterns, here’s a tutorial.
“As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Your Material List:
- DMC 321 Red
- Embroidery hoop
- Muslin, or your choice of fabric
- Fabric scissors
- Embroidery scissors
- Embroidery needle
- Embroidery transfer pen (I love these)
- Light box or sunny window
Instructions for getting the pattern onto fabric:
- Save PDF pattern (below)
- Print PDF pattern in the size you want (i.e. – 8×10, 5×7, 4×6, etc.) (I printed this one on “contact sheet” 1″x1″ it’ll print 35 patterns on the same page. More on that here.)
- Tape pattern to the light box or sunny window
- Tape the fabric you want to stitch on over the pattern, being careful to center your design
- With embroidery pens, trace all lines onto the fabric
- Carefully remove tape from the fabric and pattern
- Place fabric in hoop and stitch