Free Unique Hand Embroidery Flower Design
A while back I bought Procreate for my iPad and began to doodle. When I’m doodling, a flower always pops up from my creations. This one I kept with the intention of stitching it one day because it was simple and easy enough to stitch as is with simple back stitching, or use a fancier stitch.
I played around with some different stitches and decided to just go with what was in my head at the moment, some back stitching, and somewhat of a basketweave design for the flower petals. I created the horizontal lines to start a basketweave stitch, but then decided to skip the vertical stitches and individually cover each horizontal line like the photo below. I don’t know if there’s really a stitch name for what I did, I just wanted to be creative with the pattern since it’s so simple.
“As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Here is what you’ll need to get started:
Muslin, or your choice of fabric
Embroidery transfer pen (I love these)
Lightbox or sunny window
Instructions for getting the pattern onto the fabric:
- Save PDF pattern (below)
- Print PDF pattern in the size you want (i.e. – 8×10, 5×7, 4×6, etc.). (More on that here.)
- Tape pattern to the light box or sunny window
- Tape the fabric you want to stitch on over the pattern, being careful to center your design
- With embroidery pens, trace all lines onto the fabric
- Carefully remove the tape from the fabric and pattern
- Place fabric in hoop and stitch
If you need help resizing the PDF patterns, here’s a tutorial.
Subscribe to get updates each time there is a new pattern posted.
If you liked this pattern, you may enjoy these other floral patterns as well… Flower Embroidery Patterns