[Free PDF] Mini Owl Embroidery Pattern for beginners
Free PDF Owl Embroidery Pattern for beginners
Sometimes the simplest of things are the most fun. This mini owl embroidery pattern was just a quick and simple drawing that I had in my head.
This mini owl embroidery pattern should take you about a half hour for any beginner to complete, which makes it perfect for journal embroidery or teaching young children the basics.
This entire pattern is all simple back stitching, but you can make it as detailed as you want with embellishments or fancier stitches.
“As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
The materials you need are:
- DMC 321 red
- DMC 3760 blue
- Embroidery hoop
- Muslin, or your choice of fabric
- Fabric scissors
- Embroidery scissors
- Embroidery needle
- Embroidery transfer pen (I love these)
- Light box or sunny window
Instructions for getting the pattern onto the fabric:
- Save PDF pattern (below)
- Print PDF pattern in the size you want (i.e. – 8×10, 5×7, 4×6, etc.) (I printed this one on “4×6) More on that here.)
- Tape pattern to the light box or sunny window
- Tape the fabric you want to stitch on over the pattern, being careful to center your design
- With embroidery pens, trace all lines onto the fabric
- Carefully remove the tape from the fabric and pattern
- Place fabric in hoop and stitch
If you need help resizing the PDF patterns, here’s a tutorial.
Subscribe below to be reminded when new patterns are posted.
For more mini embroidery patterns CLICK HERE