Forget-me-not Flower, An Easy Embroidery Design
“As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
One of the prettiest little spring flowers you’ll often miss is the Forget-Me-Not flowers. They grow in soil where other flowers wont, in fact forget-me-not flowers tend to thrive in areas like that.
Forget-me-not flowers remind of me all the people, and little things that we tend to overlook in our lives to be thankful for.
For this pattern you will need:
- DMC 580 Green for the stem and leaves
- DMC 744 Yellow (French knot) for the center circle in the flower.
- DMC 597 Blue for the veins and outline of the flower.
- Crayon – Cra-Z-Art, the Blue Lagoon Crayon.
- Embroidery hoop
- Muslin, or your choice of fabric
- Fabric scissors
- Embroidery scissors
- Embroidery needle
- Embroidery transfer pen (I love, love, love, these!)
- Light box or sunny window
Instructions for getting the pattern onto the fabric:
- Save PDF pattern (below)
- Print PDF pattern in the size you want (i.e. – 8×10, 5×7, 4×6, etc.) (I printed this one as 4×6) More on that here.)
- Tape pattern to the light box or sunny window
- Tape the fabric you want to stitch on over the pattern, being careful to center your design
- With embroidery pens, trace all lines onto the fabric
- Carefully remove tape from the fabric and pattern
- Place fabric in hoop and stitch
If you need help resizing the PDF patterns, here’s a tutorial.
Subscribe for a weekly FREE pattern.