Flowered Gnome – Modern Embroidery Design
This is part of a couple of ongoing series, one about Redwork Embroidery, and the other about gnomes. I decided that I would draw up a few gnomes during 2022, so if you’re into gnomes, I highly suggest you subscribe so you can be reminded of when a new pattern posts.
“As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
For this pattern you will need:
- DMC 321 (Red)
- Embroidery hoop
- Muslin, or your choice of fabric
- Fabric scissors
- Embroidery scissors
- Embroidery needle
- Embroidery transfer pen (I love, love, love, these!)
- Lightbox or sunny window
Instructions for getting the pattern onto the fabric:
- Save PDF pattern (below)
- Print PDF pattern in the size you want (i.e. – 8×10, 5×7, 4×6, etc.) (I printed this one as 4×6) More on that here.)
- Tape pattern to the light box or sunny window
- Tape the fabric you want to stitch on over the pattern, being careful to center your design
- With embroidery pens, trace all lines onto the fabric
- Carefully remove the tape from the fabric and pattern
- Place fabric in hoop and stitch
If you need help resizing the PDF patterns, here’s a tutorial.
Subscribe for FREE weekly embroidery patterns.