Embroidery shamrock design for St. Patrick’s Day – FREE!
Free Shamrock pattern for St. Patrick’s Day
“As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Just a simple pattern with one DMC color and four different types of stitches to make something simple, a little more elegant.
Here is what you’ll need to get started:
The pattern is done entirely with DMC 904 embroidery thread
Muslin, or your choice of fabric
Embroidery transfer pen (I love these)
Lightbox or sunny window
Instructions for getting the pattern onto the fabric:
- Save PDF pattern (below)
- Print PDF pattern in the size you want (i.e. – 8×10, 5×7, 4×6, etc.). (More on that here.)
- Tape pattern to the light box or sunny window
- Tape the fabric you want to stitch on over the pattern, being careful to center your design
- With embroidery pens, trace all lines onto the fabric
- Carefully remove the tape from the fabric and pattern
- Place fabric in hoop and stitch
The PDF file below has about 4 pages to print. If you are concerned about paper, just print the 3rd page that is the actual pattern. The rest is instructions that you can refer back to on your phone, tablet, or computer.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog in order to get the latest in patterns and embroidery news. (link is at the top of each page on my blog.)