A FREE mini holiday snowman embroidery pattern
Today’s free embroidery pattern (Friday Freebie!) is a small snowman you can use for your embroidery journal.
Embroidery journaling is also known as Journal Threaders, Time Capsule Threaders, 365 Days of Stitching, One Year of Stitching, and probably a few other names out there that I haven’t run into yet. It’s a fun little project that takes a few minutes of your time each and every day during the course of one year.
These yearlong embroidery projects are typically done on a 14-inch embroidery hoop and divided up into 12 equal sessions to represent the year that you are stitching. To save a little time, I made a PDF pattern for the year of 2022 for you – FREE! Click here for the pattern.
If you need to resize the 2022 PDF pattern, or any pattern for that matter, there’s a tutorial for you here: Click Here.
This pattern offered today is the 5th in the series. You can find all the other patterns (all free) here:
“As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Here’s the materials list:
- DMC 939 Dark Blue
- DMC 740 Orange (nose)
- DMC 700 Green (hat)
- Embroidery hoop
- Muslin, or your choice of fabric
- Fabric scissors
- Embroidery scissors
- Embroidery needle
- Embroidery transfer pen (I love these)
- Light box or sunny window
Instructions for getting the pattern onto the fabric:
- Save PDF pattern (below)
- Print PDF pattern in the size you want (i.e. – 8×10, 5×7, 4×6, etc.) (I printed this one on “contact sheet” 1″x1″ it’ll print 35 patterns on the same page. More on that here.)
- Tape pattern to the light box or sunny window
- Tape the fabric you want to stitch on over the pattern, being careful to center your design
- With embroidery pens, trace all lines onto the fabric
- Carefully remove tape from the fabric and pattern
- Place fabric in hoop and stitch