A Free Hand Embroidery Pattern – Doodle Sunset
Doodle Sunset – It’s Free Pattern Friday!
Are you loving all the free patterns? I sure do like offering them to you, and I hope you’ll bookmark this site and come back next Friday for another pattern.
This sunset and the “doodle flower” were simple doodles I did while playing around with pen and paper one night. I love circular patterns for some reason and they always seem to come out in most of my doodles.
As always, the patterns here are free. If you find the patterns useful, or know of someone who would enjoy the patterns please send them the link to my site. I also love it when you post my patterns on Pinterest or on Facebook groups.
If you need to resize the PDF file to fit your project better, I have a tutorial to walk you through it. Click Here.
This pattern uses DMC floss:
Items needed to complete the pattern:
- Water soluble pens to transfer the pattern (these are my favorite)
- Muslin or any fabric will do
- Embroidery scissors
- Lightbox or sunny window
“As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Instructions for use:
- Tape pattern onto a light box or sunny window
- Center fabric over pattern and tape in place
- With a fabric marker trace the pattern onto the fabric
- Carefully remove the tape from your fabric and pattern
- Place pattern in hoop
- Stitch with desired threads
- Remove from the hoop when finished
- Dissolve fabric marker pen marks in warm – hot water
- Iron stitched piece
- Frame or use as desired